As I’m a HUGE music lover I decided to do a music questionnaire here, devised from random questions I found floating on the Internet (apologies for the lack of credits, I think some may have come from online forums, etc.) Hope you enjoy!
1. Do you play an/several instrument(s)? Nope!
2. Do you sing? If so, what style? Sometimes I wish I could sing but I most definitely CAN’T.
3. Do you beatbox? Er, what exactly is that?
4. Are you a DJ? Nope, writing is my game
5. What was the last album you bought? ‘Human Love’ by Newton Faulkner
5. What do you think about Classical music? Not for me
6. The last gig you saw? Newton Faulkner
6. What do you think about Rock? Classic rock is the ABSOLUTE BEST
7. What do you think about Pop? Some of it is okay and good to dance to, and I like songs by Sia and Ruelle a lot (at the moment I’m also loving ‘Don’t Let me Down’ by the Chainsmokers, feat. Daya.)
8. What do you think about Jazz? Not really for me either
9. What do you think about Alternative? I like Emilie Autumn, PJ Harvey, Florence and the Machine, Tori Amos and the Cure, they’re pretty alternative, right? (I especially love PJ Harvey’s album ‘To Bring You My Love.’)
10. What do you think about Electronic?
11. What do you think about Metal? Ugh no, not for me.
12. What do you think about Rap? Some of it’s okay to dance around to
13. Is there is a genre that I haven’t listed that you’d like to comment on?
I like folk rock like Fairport and Steeleye Span like 90s pop/rock like Alanis Morrissette and Hole (Courtney Love’s band.) I also like Motown (especially the Temptations.)
14. What is your favorite genre? Classic 60s-70s rock, especially little-known prog and psychedelic rock like Jefferson Airplane, Magna Carta Barclay James Harvest, Strawbs, the Mac, Jethro Tull, Hawkwind, Meatloaf, Thin Lizzy- proper ‘dad rock’, really. I feel no shame!
15. Do you prefer older or newer music? Older, I’m really retro- I collect records, for Pete’s sake! I have probably well over a hundred (I’ve never counted them, but there’s so many I had to get specially built shelves just to store them all.) One of my most prized records is a near-mint orange RCA label version of Jefferson Airplane’s ‘Surrealistic Pillow,’ and also records with AMAZING cover art, like ‘In the Court of the Crimson King’ by the incredible King Crimson, ‘In the Land of Grey and Pink’ by Caravan, and ‘Happy Trails’ by Quicksilver Messenger Service.
16. Who is your favorite artist/band? Favourite artist? Stevie Nicks, although I also love Neil Young. Favourite band? Fleetwood Mac, for sure.
17. Is there a musician in particular you admire? Stevie Nicks all the way! She is my musical style icon. I also love Buffy Sainte-Marie, and singer songwriters like Joni Mitchell, Donovan, Newton Faulkner, Jack Savoretti and Cat Stevens (who, by the way, is a guy.)
18. What is your favorite song currently? ‘Love Has Found a Way’ by Spirit, from their album ‘The Twelve Dreams of Dr. Sardonicus.’
19. Is there a song you find very special to you? Oh, so, so many…I have special connections to songs such as ‘Elizabethan’ by the vastly underrated 70s folk rock band Magna Carta, ‘Boys of Summer’ by Don Henley, ‘Alabama’ and ‘Old Man’ by Neil Young, ‘Beauty and the Beast’ by Stevie Nicks, ‘Into White’ by Cat Stevens and the whole of the ‘In the Court of the Crimson King’ album by King Crimson, especially as its creepy, mystical sound inspired the character of Angelica in my novel, ‘The Blood Witching.’
20. What song/s would you most likely listen to if you are sad? ‘A Case of You’ by Joni Mitchell (I DARE YOU to listen to it and not weep) ‘Sad Lisa’ by Cat Stevens, ‘Black Dove’ by Tori Amos
21. What song/s would you most likely listen to if you are happy? ‘Weather with You’ by Crowded House, ‘Sweet Harmony’ by the Beloved, ‘Dream Catch Me’ by Newton Faulkner
22. What was your favorite genre a long time ago? I’ve always been into classic rock, really, although I did love Britney Spears and all kinds of pop when I was little.
23. Can you read musical notes? Nope
24. Do you wish you could play an instrument? Mmm, maybe piano?
25. Do you wish you could sing? If so, what style? Proper Motown soul-style
26. Is there a certain genre that annoys you? Metal
27. Do you sing in the shower? Nah
28. Do you even like music? Uh, OF COURSE
29. How often do you listen to music? Pretty much every day but not for that long because if I’m wearing headphones I don’t want to damage my ears
30. Is music very important to you? Hell yes
31. What is your least favorite instrument? *Shrugs*
32. Who is your least favorite artist/band? Justin Bieber, Kanye
33. Do people (in general) think you have a weird/bad taste in music? They’d better not!
34. Do you think the people around you have weird/bad taste? See above!
35. Are you picky when it comes to liking music? Yes I’m very fussy
36. Have you ever been to a/several concert(s)? If so, which concert(s)? I love music, so I’ve been fortunate to go to quite a few amazing gigs- Fleetwood Mac, Buffy Sainte-Marie, (I LOVE HER) Marianne Faithfull, Neil Young, Bon Jovi, Crosby, Stills and Nash, Snow Patrol, Tori Amos, Blue Oyster Cult and a lot more.
37. Are you listening to a song right now? If so, which song? ‘Rosebud in June’ by Steeleye Span
38. Have you ever sung Karaoke before? Nope, can’t sing for toffee
39. Have you ever been in a singing competition? Nope- see above!
40. Have you ever performed musically in front of an audience? Nope!
41. Last new artist you discovered on Spotify/iTunes? Demi Lovato
42. What would life be like for you without music? Quiet! and probably far more boring!